nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chokecherry Vinegar

  • From: Maria Schumann <mariaschu@vtlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chokecherry Vinegar
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:41:40 -0400

I accidently made some great elderberry vinegar last year-- I'm hoping I can recreate the conditions. Jim, what kind of ph meter do you use-- is it the ph paper strips? I've seen pH meters used for cheesemaking that were very accurate but also very expensive. And what pH level do you aim for with your vinegar? We have a barrel of apple cider vinegar going-- hopefully ready soon.

Maria