nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Offg Topic: weather

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Offg Topic: weather
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:53:38 +0000

After the wettest and coldest Spring on record in the Pacific NW, most crops
are a solid month behind. Late apples probably will fail altogether, unless
we have an unexpected swing in the other direction and get an extended warm
Fall. Nat'l Weather Service calls for standard precip. and temps this Fall,
so I don't see that happening.
Great year to plant little apple trees; my four additions are looking
content.

Spartan blueberries finished yesterday and Toro just getting ripe. Jersey
slowly on the way.

Dave Liezen Spokane, WA z5-6