nafex - [NAFEX] Robins and Evans Cherries/ beads as decoys

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Robins and Evans Cherries/ beads as decoys
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 08:48:33 -0500

James Erdman wrote, "I had some copper wire that fit the hole in the beads and I flattened the end of the piece of wire so the bead was stuck on the wire, then put them on the tree with a couple of turns around the limb."

If you do several turns of the wire around the limb, the wire may not loosen as limb diameter grows and you'll need to redo each bead every year or so. I use a three quarter turn of wire so it expands as the limb expands.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Fruit Farm
4002 Davis Street
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472