nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Anyone do a multi-graft fig shrub-tree?

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Anyone do a multi-graft fig shrub-tree?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 08:13:49 -0500

It's important to kill a few figs in one's lifetime to at least give
it a try. I've even planted Hardy Chicago in the ground up here in
Wisconsin with a giant cage of mulch around it in the winter.
Fool-hardy, but I had to find out for myself. On Figs4Fun there's a
lot of posts about zone 6 techniques, & some pictures of some very
large trunked fig trees who've managed to keep their trunks & roots,
tho the tops get period freezebacks.

~mIEKAL