nafex - [NAFEX] BIG scare

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] BIG scare
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 07:05:52 -0500

After all this talk about male arguta vines over the last month I had a big
scare the other day when I came out after a big wind storm & I noticed my
sole male arguta vine was laying out flat on the ground looking quite
wilted, just as everything is about to flower. Some years ago I had dug a
hole for a trellis pole & stuck a random piece of elm in my hole, more to
mark the hole than anything else, fully intending to use some old well pipe
& put a proper trellis in. That was 5 years ago & that piece of elm in an
unburied hole had become the support for a fairly sizeable vine. I got it
back up on a real pole by attachiing the old wooden pole to the new one. I
was particularly concerned that when it tipped over it also pulled up on all
the roots & pulled it out of the ground, but it seems to be slowly returning
back to normal.

~mIEKAL

  • [NAFEX] BIG scare, mIEKAL aND, 05/29/2011