nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Let the customer beware - Gurneys

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Let the customer beware - Gurneys
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 09:16:29 -0500

The editor of Northland Berry News told me that, several years ago, he was selling advertising on a road trip. As he pulled into the driveway of one of his Michigan customers, he noticed the crew digging out raspberry plants - the time was mid-September. The editor asked the crew foreman why they were digging them and the reply was, "Gurneys ordered them." "Didn't you tell them that the plants won't grow?", asked the editor. To that, the foreman replied, "We did tell them but they said they didn't care."

Jim