nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaw shadecloth

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pawpaw shadecloth
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 08:38:38 -0500

I was reading an article a few months ago that someone (not remember a name
right now) grew their first year pawpaws in a greenhouse & was able to get
up to 5 feet of growth in that first season. I'm gonna get that a try this
year, normally I'm pulling them out of the greenhouse this time of the year
& my trees are usually 6" to a foot tall after the first season.

And a question for the pawpaw experts. Why do all of my pawpaw seedling
germinate & curl under the ground quite a bit before going upright? Is
there a method to planting the seeds so the trees shoot straight up?

~mIEKAL