nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Treasure of the Sierra Foothills: Heritage Fruit and Nut Trees Discovered and Preserved

  • From: david liezen <chandos49@hotmail.com>
  • To: Nat'l Ass'n of Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Treasure of the Sierra Foothills: Heritage Fruit and Nut Trees Discovered and Preserved
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 03:21:51 +0000

Yes, yes, yes: I just spent Sunday afternoon whip grafting 18 varieties of
apples into an orchard near town. The owner had never heard of any of them
except Golden Russet. He's thinking of creating a block of cider apples in
that orchard now that he has Campfield, Harrison and Wickson Crab to add to
his mix.
Good and tired,
Dave Liezen, Spokane, WA z6