nafex - Re: [NAFEX] electric sprayers

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] electric sprayers
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:14:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/2011 1:25:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
po162@yahoo.com writes:

> I went through about 5 of them and agree- they are toys; they won't last
> a single season. I recommend spending the money on a gas model; I got mine
> from Northern Tool
>
> Burnet R. Maybank, III

My experience matches Burnet's. I've gone through several pumps, the higher
volume models. Also the models with the built in presser switch. They work
fine for several hours maybe 8 or 10, then fowl up. Sometimes I can take
them apart clean them then use again for several hours then they fail again.
When the membrane breaks you need to buy another. They are relative cheap
overall to operate when figured over the pump lifetime, only a few $$$ per
hour.
It is more irritating than expensive. Yes, I have a filter in the line
ahead of the pump.

The reason I keep replacing mine is the 25 gallon trailer tank it is
mounted on is low and can be pulled behind the lawn tractor for spraying
under low
tree limbs and close target spraying. I've mounted a switch on the mower
dash with a detachable cable to the pump so I can turn it on and off while
setting on the tractor.

For tree spraying I have a tractor three point hitch air blast sprayer.

Yes, the sprayers with the 12V pumps work well for a few hours. Then *%!+~
:-(

Jerry