nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Native plants and geographical ranges

  • From: "Michele Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Native plants and geographical ranges
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:03:49 -0500

HI Spidra,
Here in the Midwest, I normally figure that anything native within a radius
of 150 miles is good enough.
Having lived in California, I understand that large a radius is not
appropriate. Your climate zones are much smaller.
I would stick to plants that are native to the same Sunset zone. Zone 21
isn't a neat radius, but I think it would give you something to work from.

Michele in SW Ohio