nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw distress

  • From: "S & E Hills" <ehills7408@wowway.com>
  • To: "'nottke1'" <nottke1@earthlink.net>, "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw distress
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:56:52 -0500

Ok, please share that recipe!

Scott Hills
Zone 6b Michigan

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of nottke1
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:11 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers

Richard,
Thanks for your contribution to the pawpaw reaction topic.
My 45 yr old daughter has an intense allergy to mango skin and to pawpaw
skin. But if I break open a pawpaw and scoop out some pulp with a spoon,
she has no reaction - same with a mango. She has lived in the tropics and
eats most other tropical fruits.
In season, I eat 2-3 pawpaws per day.
Out of season, the only bread that I eat is homemade
whole-wheat/pawpaw/dried-blueberry bread, mostly because I like the flavor
combination.
Jim