nafex - [NAFEX] Will some dogs eat paw paw and plums and get sick?

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Will some dogs eat paw paw and plums and get sick?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:36:41 -0500 (EST)

Dear group:

I know many of my friends reading this have dogs in their orchards that do
not get sick from eating paw paw and plums, or just avoid them. But maybe
some dogs will not be so wise as to avoid them. I think I remember hearing
that dogs will vomit the paw paw fruit (with seeds). Of course, those seeds
are toxic..

So, anyone hear of a dog eating paw paw and getting sick? Same for wild
plums.

Thanks,
Steve
NJ