nafex - Re: [NAFEX] MisIdentification: Goumi vs. Autum Olive

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler@lrec.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] MisIdentification: Goumi vs. Autum Olive
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:15:06 -0600

That's a bummer as I just ordered two goumis from Raintree late last fall!!  I do have a spring-fruiting goumi that I got from One Green World about 4 years ago, for what that's worth....  (And it is delicious, by the way--one of my favorite fruits!)  I'm growing it in NE Oklahoma and I have to keep it watered here, but it's doing OK.  It put on a lot of new growth last year, despite a drought.  I think it would do better if I moved it somewhere that it would get some afternoon shade.  I hope to propagate it this year (for my own use)--does anyone know offhand the best way and time to do that?

--Leslie