nafex - [NAFEX] stump dissolver

  • From: jerrydana5@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] stump dissolver
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:51:10 -0500 (EST)

I have two questions:
1.  I have a stump from a Sassafras tree I cut down in the middle of the yard.  Does anybody know of something I can put on it to "dissolve" or make the stump soft so I can chop it out?
2.  I have a couple of shrubs which in my garden I've been cutting back in hopes of killing them and it hasn't worked.  The roots are very deep and I cannot dig them out.  Is there something I can put on them to kill them?   I eventually want to use the soil so don't want to put anything on it that will render the soil useless.

Jerry in southern Indiana