nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cumberland Valley Nursery

  • From: Leslie Moyer <unschooler@lrec.org>
  • Cc: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cumberland Valley Nursery
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 16:00:06 -0500

Some good friends of mine had what I consider to be a bad customer service issue with them. They received a couple of trees (I don't know the exact number, but I think it was about 2 out of 10 trees) that did not come out of dormancy the spring they planted them. The nursery said they could not replace them at that time because they didn't have any of that variety in stock, but could replace them the following winter/spring. When that time came around, my friends called back to remind them and the nursery said they had no record of it (they did have a record of the sale, however) and refused to replace the trees.

These friends make 100% of their income from farmers market sales and keep immaculate records. (They're also Certified Organic, which requires good record keeping as well.) They could give the nursery the exact date and time of the phone call, had all receipts, etc., but they still refused to replace the trees. I have chosen not to purchase trees from them for this reason.

Another friend ordered the majority of his trees from them many years ago and never had any problems, trees were of good quality, etc.

--Leslie