nafex - [NAFEX] unidentical Honeycrisps

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] unidentical Honeycrisps
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 17:06:09 -0500

"I have almost side by side Honeycrisp trees, one with virtually flawless, shiny fruit, the other with somewhat duller fruit permeated with sooty blotch & flyspeck.  Go figure (and please let me know if you do:-)
Richard"

That is strange if you're saying that the sheen of the two Honeycrisps is different even without the fungus.  Of course horticulture is full of mysteries that befuddle me on a regular basis.  This one would appear to mean that the two Honeycrisps are genetically different with probably the dull sheened one being the sport.  Anyway if you are submitting for theories, there's mine.