nafex - Re: [NAFEX] magic number for figs

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] magic number for figs
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 06:42:30 -0500

Correct, I'm talking about plants surviving & still being able to put on some fruit. & I've never held plants for a whole winter below freezing, my collection has only dipped to this temp for a few days to a week...& then gotten back above freezing. I should also point out that I have everything in 5 -10 gallon containers. A much larger container is probably gonna provide a better temperature buffer & more protection. 35 - 40 F. seems to be absolutely optimum, too much warmer than that & they break dormancy a lot earlier than is useful around here.