nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fruit for Diabetics

  • From: "Jim Freeman" <jf@gctruck.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fruit for Diabetics
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:05:14 -0400

We have recently had several request at our fruit stand for an apple
that is good for fresh eating and would be beneficial for diabetics. The
few articles I can find opine that all apples are good for diabetics,
but I have not found any scientific articles to confirm the opinion.
Some sources mention a "wood apple", but references indicate this is not
an apple at all. Please let me know if you have any links to scientific
articles we can print for our customers or if there is a preferred
"diabetic" apple we might grow for them.

Thank You,
Jim Freeman
Freedom Farms
www.freedomfruit.net