nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple pests and drops?

  • From: <jelie@new.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple pests and drops?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:32:20 -0400

Hi, Last year I read a summary of a research project in Michigan that was
experimenting with the use of hogs for cleaning up drops. I believe they
found that using young pigs for small periods proved quite successful and
safe for the trees. This project may have been through Michigan State
University. A few googles should get the webpage.

Good luck with all your growing endeavors!

Jim
Green Bay WI
Zone 4/5