nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Ernest's Evans cherries

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Ernest's Evans cherries
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:58:17 -0500

"Before" means before I buried grafts. I was not doing a research
study. I was just trying to get trees to live through winters. I
bought trees from several sources. Local and mail-order. It is
possible burying graft is just protecting graft from winter cold.
This fall I will probe around buried trunks to see if roots have
grown from Evans trunks. I'll look up Evans own-root sources and let
you know.