nafex - Re: [NAFEX] size of meadow voles

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] size of meadow voles
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 07:18:24 -0400

I am also confused. My cat sometimes gives me something that looks like a
chunky mouse with a stubby tail. I had assumed they were voles. (She gave
me a shrew once, too, but it looked quite different.)

My biggest rodent pests are chipmunks and squirrels, in that order. I tried
setting out rat traps last year for the chipmunks with no success, but maybe
I ought to try the concrete-mixing tray (or whatever? where does one buy
something like that? Home Depot?) Any advice on baiting traps for chipmunks?

Ginda Fisher
Eastern MA, zone 6