nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ornamental trees

  • From: Roy Johnson <royj157@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ornamental trees
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:52:38 -0800

A deep rooted columnar type tree.
Not flowering Cherries!  They are shallow rooted and lift the sidewalk.
Oaks are good, if you can find a smaller type.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 7:42 AM, R. Keith Etheridge <goatdoc@ctitech.com> wrote:
One of the persons on the tree committe of the small city where I live approached me for advice. Several years ago the city had put in brick sidewalks around the square
with spaces to plant trees.They planted ornamental crabs which by now have all died.Any suggestions for replacements?
Keith

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----