nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Winter greens - corn mache OT

  • From: "Naomi Counides" <naomi@oznayim.us>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Winter greens - corn mache OT
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:56:20 -0700

Yes, That is what happened to me also.. Except it was 4 below.  I was so pleased with my kale, spinach.. even a little tatsoi.  But it was an unusual year and I will do it again next year.  I got my celery root and leeks in  before the hard freeze.  The carrots have a bunch of worm damage.  I will be planting a resistant variety this year.  Just finished the tomatoes we stashed in the basement.  They were not too wonderful by the end but they were red.. and that is about what one can say for store tomatoes also right now.

Garlic is coming up now and Walla Walla onions.

Now about the corn salad…..  I planted some once but it was only 4 inches across the rosette.  That was kind of discouraging.  Is this bigger?  Did I do something wrong?  How do I do it right.

Naomi

"

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4804 (20100125) __________

http://www.eset.com