nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Southern Quebec Orchards, was Quebec Belle

  • From: Sherlock Terry <sherlocksmith@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Southern Quebec Orchards, was Quebec Belle
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:54:53 -0500

Eric,

It's interesting to know that Newtosh and Sandow are from Ag Canada.
I'd like to try them both and I should pay more attention to Ag Canada
apples in general.

I live about 20 miles from the Quebec border with VT about midway
between Montreal and Sherbrooke. Do you are any other NAFEXers know of
good orchards to visit in southern Quebec?

Fedco puts out a nice list of ME/NH/VT orchards with large collections
of apple varieties. Is there something like that for parts of Canada?

http://www.fedcoseeds.com/trees/tasting.htm

Thanks.
-Sherlock