nafex - Re: [NAFEX] We are going to get frigid in MS

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] We are going to get frigid in MS
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 23:46:11 -0600

We may go to 10 deg F here in South MS this week.
Looks like a record cold.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you make it through the cold OK.

It's been a weird year. We had one of the coolest Octobers on record, followed by one of the warmest Novembers (I worked outside in shirtsleeves most of the month). And then it turned bitterly cold in December, with a lot more snow than we usually get. Yeah, I'm used to variable weather, but this has been ridiculous!

They say we'll get yet another snowstorm this week - with lots of wind (which doesn't sound good with the snow piled everywhere already) - and then it's REALLY going to turn cold. (And here I thought that -15 was cold!) Well, we've had a lot of mild winters in recent years, so maybe I got spoiled.

Good luck!

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Objectivity cannot be equated with mental blankness; rather, objectivity resides in recognizing your preferences and then subjecting them to especially harsh scrutiny - and also in a willingness to revise or abandon your theories when the tests fail (as they usually do). - Stephen Jay Gould