nafex - Re: [NAFEX] new website eleagnus.com

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: <acarterwriter@tznet.com>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] new website eleagnus.com
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:42:43 -0600

Hi Charlie,
     I'm glad to see you've started a website.  I'm sorry to say that Tennessee also bans the sale of Autumn olive within the state.  We can still ship out of state.  We piled them up with all the research from the USDA in Beltsville about nutritional value etc. but they still went with the ban.
     I think there may be cultivars that do better in some soils and climates than others.  We're getting large crops these days and have introduced them at the farmer's market.  Fruit leather, in combination with applesauce, was one of the tastiest.
     Do you know if anyone has imported the goumi varieties that are available in Japan?
     Best wishes,   Hector Black