nafex - [NAFEX] new website eleagnus.com

  • From: "alden@waldenwinds.com" <alden@waldenwinds.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] new website eleagnus.com
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:14:58 -0700

Hi to all my friends here on the group who I've known over the years.

I sure have been busy.    I did get a ride with a friend also interested in fruit and wild plants to look this fall for  a good autumn olive, and found one, I think the best I've found in 13 years of looking, that I've numbered 15.

Massachusetts, where I am, is hostile to autumn olive, the only state as far as I know where its been made a violation of the law to propagate eleagnus;  its my frustration with treating this great and generous plant with hostility that impelled me make this new webpage.  It started, though, with a snapshot I took of my chestnut tree, the tree showed so much personality that I had to find a way to use it, so I had my chestnut tree introduce the eleagnus.

I hope to provide more stories in the future in the webpage....for now it'll have to stand alone as I've got other responsibilities.  I hope you enjoy the site.  If you have any future ideas for a role the website could play in education, promotion of the use of this plant, do tell.

eleagnus.com

Charlie Paradise   if you'd like to write to me directly, bekeeprtop@aol.com