nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Russian olives

  • From: Lee Reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Russian olives
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:45:23 -0500

Hi Jim,

I soaked the seeds for almost week, with daily water changes, and the sprouts have practically jumped out of the seeds! I potted them up and I'll keep them in the greenhouse. I would have preferred it if they had waited until spring to germinate.

I got just about 100% germination. Hopefully, there'll be some variation in the King Red, with at least one surviving summers and winters here.

Lee
Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
A Northeast Gardener's Year