nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tibetan Goji/Wolfberry plants

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tibetan Goji/Wolfberry plants
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:23:49 -0700

I've got L. barbarum from Burnt Ridge. It is growing well at 7000 feet. Only produces an occasional berry so far. We have a native species here in New Mexico that has sporadic fruit in wetter years.

Best,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Cutts Graduate Reviews
800-353-4898 day or eve, 7 days
(In NM, 505-281-0684)

derry&bill wrote:
Is anyone growing Goji berry plants?

Does anyone know a source of the Tibetan Goji berry plants or seeds in Canada? In the US?

Lycium barbarum is the northern Chinese Goji and Lycium chinense is the southern Goji.

I think the Tibetan Goji berry is a strain of L barbarum.

Goji is also known as Wolfberry.

Thanks,

Derry Walsh
South Coastal B.C.