nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tibetan Goji/Wolfberry plants

  • From: <jelie@new.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tibetan Goji/Wolfberry plants
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 14:21:53 -0500

Hi, I've had Goji for only a couple years. The first winter I lost the
majority of its long single branch (similar to a long cane on a blackberry).
The roots had no problem throwing out some new growth so this coming year I
may get some goji berries. I did have a few flowers in early autumn but they
didn't manage any fruit. I should do further reading on the plant but will
definitely have it in a more protectctive place for this coming winter.

My plant was purchased through Burnt Ridge Nursery and was a seedling from
that nursery. One Green World offers Crimson Star, a known productive
variety out of China. It shouldn't be too hard to locate goji plants.

Good luck,

Jim Elie
Green Bay WI
z4/5