nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing mulberry

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Illinois Everbearing mulberry
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 08:43:37 -0500

It's too bad you took out your mulberry tree. You could have pruned it for dwarfing and fruit productivity instead of vegetation.

Thanks, Ken. That's very interesting. In this case, the biggest problem was the birds eating all of the fruit before I could get any of it. I'm much better off with a mulberry that bears abundantly just briefly, rather than an everbearing type. But this technique does sound interesting.

the weeping mulberry only gets as high as you train it

Thanks, Sheridan. I'd forgotten about that possibility.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience. And in addition, to whatever measure this term has any meaning, science has the additional virtue, and it is not an inconsiderable one, of being true. - Carl Sagan