nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hail damage and regrowth

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hail damage and regrowth
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:56:13 -0700

If the grape flower clusters set fruit, remove them or they will take energy the vine needs to harden it's wood.
Interestingly, grapes in the tropics are deliberately defoliated to force them into dormancy. Then they are pruned, fertilized, and watered. That makes them break bud, bloom, and set a new crop. Two, and sometimes more crops per year can be produced this way.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html View a short, low resolution clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q58zFY0B1M
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/