nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Lee Calhoun, pears

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Lee Calhoun, pears
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:35:21 -0500

Does anyone have an email address for Lee Calhoun?  I'm looking for the Lucy Duke and Hebe pears, which are both from the Carolinas.  Corvallis has Hebe, but Lucy Duke was a very late pear, and what Corvallis has under that name is a very early pear.  I'd like to find the authentic Lucy Duke, but I also want to know if either of them managed to survive in the south after the blight got really bad in the late 1800's.  Donna