nafex - [NAFEX] Fruit grower laments

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Fruit grower laments
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:30:33 -0700

Often on this list I hear laments regarding the shipping of scions and plants
form one country to another.

I do not want to sidetrack this list into another theoretical discussion of
what may happen based in extrapolated models founded in manipulated data to
further a political agenda, so I'll say it this way.

Be very, very glad that Governments even have this on their radar. If I was
a terrorist I would be looking to harm the agricultural system and damage it
in much the same way the transportation system has been damaged, i.e. make my
opponents way of living more costly to reduce their ability to finance
expeditions into my life.

The happenstance introductions are of worry enough. For example, the illegal
alien accidently carrying foot in mouth disease and spreading it as he makes
his journey to his promised land.

So my message is, be glad that some sort of control is in place and maybe
work to improve those controls so the burden is not so great, but at least be
thankful some sort of system is in place that gives us a baseline for dealing
possible pathogens. I know it is a pain for all, but like I said be glad
some sort of control is there.

Regards

lil' ol' me

The Free Email with so much more!