nafex - [NAFEX] Electric fence on the inside?

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Electric fence on the inside?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:48:38 -0600

Lucky Pittman said, "I don't know your setup, but it might be preferable to put the electric fence 3 ft outside the perimeter of your woven wire fence."

I would if I could but on two sides are neighbor's lawns. On a third side is the highway; my woven wire fence is 3' from the highway, in the ditch. On the fourth side are mature lilacs next to the fence.
That's why I was wondering.................if the deer get a shock once they get inside the fence, would they associate the orchard with pain?

Right now I have one mystery deer. It comes in nearly every night, wading through the 2' of snow. It walks around the apple trees without nibbling and walks up and down the red raspberry rows nibbling just a bit here and there. Then it leaves. I never see it; all I see it is the tracks.