nafex - Re: [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants?

  • From: tanis cuff <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] deer-resistant plants?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:34:04 +0000

Matt, s.WI deer like pear & serviceberry better than apple. Gotta fence just
about everything. Except, I've been trying to remember ever seeing damage on
tomatoes or plants.

I do notice feeding based partly on deer travel routes, but the routes are
also based on what's around to browse. (Which comes first...) And this can
be seasonal, for example lush spring greenery and autumn corn crops.
Effectiveness of repellants is also seasonal, and timing is important to make
the best use of the sprays.

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_explore_022009