nafex - Re: [NAFEX] deer dogs

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] deer dogs
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:15:41 -0500

Sounds like you need different dogs or breeds. We have a visible
fence, and 2 dogs who stay inside at night. But they get real excited
anytime they hear a noise outside and want to go get it. And anytime I
let them out after dark they zoom out to the back of the fence to bark
at the deer, coyotes, whatever. One is 1/2 aussie 1/2 black lab, the
other is all New Mexico mutt, with at least some cattle dog and german
shepard. She's the older one, likes to kill and eat things from rabbit
to woodchuck, and I think she taught the younger dog her ways. Get a
wilder dog!

-matt demmon
se mi z5