nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Maple Sap and Maple Tree hardiness

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Maple Sap and Maple Tree hardiness
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:55:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jim,

I don't think that we should start being fussy about only posting "fruit"
stuff now!

I for one would love to read anything you have time to write on the in's and
out's making maple syrup (really any topic, I love to read your posts!) and I
doubt I am alone in this. I'm hoping, in about 30 years :o), to start making
my own manitoba maple syrup from our shelterbelt trees and can use all the
advice I can get.

I've also seen some sugar maple trees (I forget their name, started with a V
maybe??) offered for sale up here and am wondering if anyone out there is
growing them in a zone 3.

Sarah Zone 3b, AB