nafex - Re: [NAFEX] disease and dwarfed peaches

  • From: "ROBERT W JUDY A HARTMAN" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "Anton Callaway" <marillen@earthlink.net>, "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] disease and dwarfed peaches
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:15:29 -0700

Anton,

I haven't grafted peach onto Citation but I have grafted onto St Julian A.  I gave up grafting onto St Julian A because of problems.  The peach trees are doing great on Pumiselect.  I have noticed a little problem on the two I have on Krymsk 1.  I have more budded in on Krymsk 1 that I did this summer.  Two is too small a number to make a judgement on it.  When you say standard stock are you talking about just any peach seedling or ones like Lovell?  The one thing I don't like about Pumiselect is that it has a brittle shank.  I had a couple break off well below the graft union in a strong wind last fall before the leaves had fallen.

Bob
Western Washington