nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Raspberry and blackberry seed

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Raspberry and blackberry seed
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:49:59 -0500

At 11:48 AM 6/30/2008, you wrote:
I need advice on how to germinate raspberry abd blackberry seeds. I
tried and had no success.

Well, since birds and wild critters process them through their GI tracts, maybe there's something in that process that enhances germination - they certainly end up in a 'starter packet' of organic fertilizer. LOL
Seems like there was a NAFEX member (I'll not name any names) several years back, who was processing their own blackberry seeds in this manner - to the consternation of their spouse - in hopes of selecting some especially winter-hardy seedlings. I've not seen a 'progress report' from them as to how well, if at all, their experiment worked.

Lucky