nafex - Re: [NAFEX] The war against woodchucks

  • From: mangodance <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] The war against woodchucks
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 10:12:05 -0400

Joe and Ellen Hecksel wrote:
There are a few places that are not conducive to Conibear traps. We have a new puppy so I don't want to use them close to the house. Also, there are a few holes that are in HUGE Poison Ivy patches. So the one live trap will also get a work-out.

You'll want to watch your puppy as well. I've both seen and heard about dogs going after groundhogs all the way into the burrow and faring badly as a groundhog will defend a burrow. Worst one was at a dog event where a dog got its jugular bitten and died within seconds. Others required surgery on paws and heads.