nafex - [NAFEX] Artichokes, not quite a fruit, but...

  • From: "Harrick, Barbara" <b.harrick@ilslaunch.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Artichokes, not quite a fruit, but...
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 07:41:21 -0400

Hi all! I have finally overwintered and grown artichokes on the East
Coast in zone 6b!!!! It has taken many years of try and try again, but
I have finally done it.

Now I have 2 questions:

1) There seem to be quite a few flea beetles--what can one spray on
artichokes??

2) What is a good fertilizer for artichokes?

Because artichokes are not grown in this area, our cooperative service
has no information on their care/maintenance etc. I will look at some
of the CA sites later today if I can, but was wondering if anyone else
grew them and knew their horticultural requirements.

Barbara

Barbara Harrick
Senior Technical Editor/Writer
International Launch Services
1660 International Dr., Suite 800
McLean, VA 22102
office (571) 633-7430
fax (571) 633-7536

DISCLAIMER
This electronic message transmission contains information which may be
confidential or proprietary information belonging to ILS International
Launch Services, Inc. and/or Lockheed Khrunichev Energia International
Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or the
information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the original transmitter
immediately by phone or by e-mail and delete the original message and
any copies that may have been made of it.