nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Seeds not germinating

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Seeds not germinating
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 18:14:22 -0500

Buy a soil thermometer. When your soil is under 70 degrees, squash isn't
likely to germinate. For cucumber, the magic number is 60 degrees.

At the rate I'm going planting fruit trees, I won't have room for a garden shortly. There won't be a patch of ground that isn't shaded!

:-)

Bill

PS. I've got my first ever apricots, peaches, plums, apples, cherries, and Asian pears (a whopping total of 3) set on this year, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed.

--
Science is the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition. - Adam Smith

  • [NAFEX] Seeds not germinating, Jim Fruth, 06/01/2008
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [NAFEX] Seeds not germinating, William C. Garthright, 06/01/2008