nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tying trees up

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tying trees up
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 18:09:04 -0500

Any rope or tying string you use to tie trees will eventually rub into the bark and the
bark will eventually grow around it. We use 3/4" water hose that we cut to twice
the diameter of the tree, run the rope through the hose and tie it off. If you need a
larger diameter hose, most hardware stores will carry 1" rubber hose.

That sounds like a good idea. I'll check it out.

Thanks!

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language. - Mark Twain

  • Re: [NAFEX] Tying trees up, William C. Garthright, 06/01/2008