nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Lysol for Disinfecting Pruning Tools

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Lysol for Disinfecting Pruning Tools
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:15:35 -0400

To Jim, Dennis and Bill,
I am pleased you found the reference useful.

I have used the big liquid container of lysol, and poored some in a wide
mouth glass container so that I could just dip my pruner in it.

I found it much easier on the tools than bleach which I had used before.
Also, it is relatively cheap (well, not quite as cheap as bleach), and easy
to manipulate. However, I can't comment on the real efficiency of the stuff
as I am not equipped to do this sort of analysis.

It could also be a good idea to use a spray (taking an old Windex sprayer
for example and refill it with Lysol) - this could be useful for a pruning
saw or other tool too large to fit in the above mentioned container. I
haven't used it, but will try it next year.

Claude

  • Re: [NAFEX] Lysol for Disinfecting Pruning Tools, Claude Jolicoeur, 05/29/2008