nafex - Re: [NAFEX] peach ready to blossom expected and -2 celius expected tonight

  • From: <dmnorton@royaloakfarmorchard.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] peach ready to blossom expected and -2 celius expected tonight
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:08:35 -0500

Peter,

If your blossoms are at pink, they cna withstand temperatures of -3C. At -3C you will get about 10% loss and at -6 you will get 90% loss. I have a chart posted at http://www.theorchardkeeper.com/pdf/Critical_Temperatures_for_Frost_Damage_of_Fruit_Trees.pdf that gives you the Critical Temperatures for various types of fruit. Hope this helps!

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com