nafex - [NAFEX] peach ready to blossom expected and -2 celius expected tonight

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] peach ready to blossom expected and -2 celius expected tonight
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:44:30 -0400

You should have no problems, at that stage buds can take much colder.  See this chart which is a very handy reference:

Scott

Hi, My Reliance peach is full of unopened blossoms. It is expected to go to -2 celsius tonight and -1 for the next few nights. Do I worry? Do I try to cover the tree? I also have Asian pears, other pears, apple trees in about the same state.