nafex - [NAFEX] Orchard planning--general advice needed

  • From: "Randall Burd" <burdrs@comcast.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Orchard planning--general advice needed
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 21:05:22 -0500

Title: Message
I am considering a new house but I am concerned that the backyard will not be orchard friendly. I would like any advice to help me make a decision.

The backyard has a space 30' x 115' feet that is on a very gentle southern facing slope in Maryland. The Northen side of the rectangle is one of the long sides (115') and has an E-W orientation, but abuts a tree line with trees around 30-40 ft high. The long Southern edge and the short edges on the East and West are open.

Will my apples, pears and peaches but starved for sun and not grow?

Thanks.