nafex - [NAFEX] Mini-Sweet Plum

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mini-Sweet Plum
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:35:33 -0600

Pardon my ignorance, but that's why I joined NAFEX to learn from all of you......

Hartmann's 2008 catalog lists Mini-Sweet Plum tree.  The text says its a high-quality sweet plum that ripens on 6-foot-high trees.  The picture shows only a clusters of little plums the look almost like big berries and some tree leaves.  My question:  is this really a plum or something else?

I emailed Hartmann's inquiring about the botanical name of this tree, but they haven't answered.

Doreen Howard
Buried under feet of snow at the Wisconsin-Illinois border.