nafex - [NAFEX] Thansplanting peaches: We had the problem

  • From: plumhillfarm@gmavt.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Thansplanting peaches: We had the problem
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:34:56 -0500 (EST)

We had extremely poor transplant success (when compared to cherrys,
apricots, and plums) with peaches (we killed 90% of them), before we
installed the irrigation system. Now our success is the same between the
stone fruits. It seems peaches are more sensitive to water stress when
transplanting than the other stone fruits.

Our soil is clay, which we cut with sand and compost to reduce the cracking.

Eric White
Plumhillfarm
Zone 4

  • [NAFEX] Thansplanting peaches: We had the problem, plumhillfarm, 01/31/2008